20 Oktober 2020 | Gesundheit
Staying active with a smile
Activities to help with balance:
· Draw a hopscotch pattern on the floor with chalk and do hopscotch in the blocks.
· Hop on one leg from one room to the other. (Remember to practice both legs.)
· Balance on one leg on a pillow.
· Walk heel-to-toe on a rope or line.
· Do different yoga poses.
Activities to improve core strength:
· Walk like a crab and kick a ball to a friend while crab-walking.
· Lie on back and make cycling movements with legs as if riding a bicycle.
· Do the superman pose on the floor.
· Plank for 30 seconds and throw balls to a friend while planking.
· Sit on the floor and move toys only with your feet
Activities to help with concentration:
Jump on a trampoline
· Cross lateral march: Touch your left elbow to your right knee and your right elbow to your left knee.
· Walk like a worm: Stand on feet and move hands forward on the floor until your body is straight, then move feet towards hands
· Play ‘Simon Says’ (Include instructions with directions, e.g. Simon says move left/right/jump up/jump down)
· Do weight-bearing activities: Bear walk or push-ups.
Activities to learn numbers and letters:
· Say the alphabet or spell different words while doing star jumps.
· Draw letters, numbers and words in the sand or with chalk on the floor. Jump on letters drawn on the floor to spell a word.
· Do math problems by throwing balls or toys into a basket.
· Form letters with your body and draw them in the air.
Activities to improve fitness and coordination:
· Do star jumps for 30 seconds.
· Jump rope for 30 seconds.
· Put on some music and have a dance party.
· Try to keep a balloon in the air for five minutes.
· Frog jump through the whole house.
Activities to do together as a family:
· Make an activity dice: Make a dice with cardboard paper and assign an activity to each side. Every person gets a chance to throw the dice to choose the activity everyone will do.
· Go for a walk outside.
· Go outside and play soccer or catch.
· Make an obstacle course outside and make it a race.
· Play bowling with any ball and a few empty plastic bottles.